ICT for Public Health
The ICT Delivery Team for Public Health provides the eHealth engagement and delivery function to the HSE’s Public Health services which include health protection, surveillance, environmental health, screening, health improvement initiatives and participation in health service development.
What our team does:
- We are currently engaged in the strategically focussed implementation of pivotal ICT projects and reform priorities, progressing eHealth shared strategy and action plan in the delivery of key components of Slaintecare vision of an integrated health and social care service.
- Ensuring best practice is ingrained in all aspects of eHealth delivery up to and including governance processes.
- Working with the service to deliver eHealth Solutions that are accessible, transparent, measurable, robust, scalable, ensuring sustainable high quality care for the entire population in the use of technology and data to underpin effective and efficient care.
- Incorporating flexibility and agility into eHealth solutions from the outset that affords Public Health the ability to deliver a robust service, change and diversify as required.
- Cross-departmental and intersectional approach with the active engagement of multiple health and social care stakeholders and the private sector to deliver eHealth Implementation, transformation and improvement initiatives through all stages of a project lifecycle.
The Public Health Reform Programme is a priority programme within the HSE. Key focus continues to be the progression of reforms delivering on the vision of the new Public Health Areas, National Immunisation Office (NIO) and the Health Protection Surveillance Centre (HPSC).
Examples of projects where ICT for Public Health are actively engaged with stakeholders to embed technology within the HSE include:
- Vaccination Systems including Covid, Flu, Monkey Pox - Definition and implementation of solutions to support the administration of these services.
- CIDR - Health Protection Surveillance Centre Computerised Infectious Disease Reporting (CIDR) developed to manage the surveillance and control of infectious diseases in Ireland -Stabilisation and future options assessment
- The National Immunisation Office (NIO) in the development and implementation of mobile solutions ScanVax and TrackVax, supporting the safe and effective rollout of COVID-19 vaccines in Ireland.
- National Outbreak Case and Incident Management System (OCIMS) - Delivery of a system for the management of cases and outbreaks by Public Health, NIO and HPSC.
- The National Immunisation Office (NIO) to support changes required to the existing systems and engagement in relation to the delivery of National Immunisations Information System (NIIS).