Customer Service Experience
Darach Glennon is the Director for ICT Customer Service Experience for the Office of the CIO, HSE Ireland. Darach has vast experience in both the private and public sectors. He has worked with many US multinational medical device companies including Abbott Laboratories, Mallinckrodt Medical, Nellcor Puritan Bennett and Tyco Healthcare since 1990, running large scale ICT operations, data centres, Application development, ERP system deployments and specialising in company mergers at a European level. He joined the Irish health service as Director of ICT for the former Western Health Board, driving change while working for the CEO of that organisation.
Darach is a qualified facilitator, a TQM (total quality management) professional as well as being an ICT qualified professional. Since joining the public sector in 2002, he has led an ICT organisation at the most senior level and benchmarked ICT infrastructure across the Irish health sector for the first time. He headed up ICT operations nationally, ICT Application Services and more recently Service Management in the office of the CIO. Over his career, he has been directly involved and responsible for all facets of ICT including strategy and delivery as well as being involved at a senior managerial level in non-ICT related developments in both sectors.
Darach runs the ICT Customer Service Experience function with the aim of creating and consolidating an ICT service culture across eHealth Ireland
What is Customer Service Experience?
- Customer Service Experience comprises of three key ICT service management functions:
- Service Operations are responsible for the national service desk, incident management (including critical), service reporting and plan to develop new national services for problem management and request management
- Service Delivery are responsible for application management, programme delivery, vendor management, risk/audit management, DBA services, service catalogue and general service delivery
- Service Transition are responsible for change management, service introduction, ICT asset management and plan to develop new national services for release management and test management
- Our function has a customer service focus and is the single point of contact for service consumers across the health system
- We follow a broad based standard ITIL service management principles including standardised processes and continuous improvement programmes in partnership with our internal and external service providers