1. Engage & Plan
This is a guide for laying the foundation of VEC but should be tailored in line with service requirements.
- Setup Working Group - a useful Terms of Reference template can be found here.
- Nominate Service Implementation Lead and Champions.
- Complete Project Brief - a useful Project Brief can be found here.
- Identify and engage necessary stakeholders - a useful stakeholder mapping and analysis template can be found here.
- Include ‘Video Enabled Care’ as a standing item on all agendas and share this implementation Toolkit.
- Seek shared learning from similar services using VEC – helpful videos can be found here.
- Identify how to capture data evidence (before and after).
- Consider digital inequity and inclusivity - Tablet Loan Scheme information can be found here.
- Identify potential constraints, challenges, risks and mitigation and document within the risks and issues register on the:
HSE Change Management Guide can be found here.
Implementing VEC is a ‘change’ which needs positive engagement with the people involved in order to:
- Build a shared sense of purpose.
- Support different voices.
- Views and abilities.
- Assist people to take responsibility for designing a better future for their service.
- Define, design and deliver the change together.