The Head of Corporate functions is responsible for keeping Corporate IT systems aligned with the organisation's Strategic Reform Programme. This is achieved through delivery of enterprise solutions such as Business Intelligence, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and eServices.
Significant Corporate ICT Initiatives
Business Intelligence - Corporate Information Facility (CIF)
Using leading edge technology, a dedicated BI team have developed a flexible and nimble Corporate Data Warehouse that enables both corporate and clinical functions to carry out a range of business intelligence/ data analysis tasks on a wide ranging of datasets.
Pat is also a policy board member on the EU Horizon 2020 data analytics project – MIDAS (Meaningful Integration of Data, Analytics and Services). The aim of this initiative is to develop a pioneering digital platform for healthcare policy makers. This will allow decision-makers to tap into unstructured and unconnected healthcare data to better inform policy, reduce costs and improve health and wellbeing of the population. With these insights, policymakers can design evidence-based preventative strategies and implement policies that address specific health and social care challenges. This research will dramatically enhance the effectiveness of healthcare policies across Europe by allowing decision makers to more readily explore health trends, test theories and look for correlations and patterns.
Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
The team are currently engaged in a range of ERP projects including;
- Health Insurance Management System- an electronic claims management solution for healthcare allowing the capture of patient signatures and consultant data electronically to facilitate electronic submissions to the insurers.
- National Integrated Finance Management System to support the HSE’s Finance Reform Programme
- National Integrated Staff Records & Payroll Programme
- Enterprise Electronic Record & Document Management
- HR Employment Record Portal for NCHD training and planning
- Activity Based Funding to support Healthcare Pricing Office
- National Recruitment Management System
- Customer Relation Management to support Health Business Services
- Property Portfolio Management System
- eEnabling the National Distribution Centre as the designated supply channel for HSE stock items
As well as being responsible for the HSE Internet & Intranet, Corporate Delivery provides a wide and diverse range of eServices within the HSE.
Some examples of recent developments include the following:
- Certificates.ie - an online service for ordering birth, marriage and death certs from the General Register Office
- SAP Online Staff Payslips - eliminates cost associated with production and distribution of paper payslips.
- HSELand- Staff Learning and Development Portal with over 70,000 registered users
- eEnabled HSE Infoline Contact Centre